I said two weeks ago that I had some fitness goals. I've done fairly well keeping them. I said I wanted to walk more though and that has not gone well. I did however loose 1.4 lbs at this last TOPS meeting. I'm really desiring to stay focused so reporting here will help. Let me know you're watching cause I need that annoyance too!:)
We talked at our last meeting (TOPS) about motivation. I really liked the inspirational thing the lady speaking said. Motivation is like taking a bath, just because you get it once doesn't mean you don't need to find it again (or something like that). So, I've been thinking of what motivates me.
Music really motivates me, and I enjoy a lot of different kinds. Lately though, I've really been needing spiritual encouragement more so I find that I can't consume a lot of "candy" music (I say this because many of our worldly hobbies, interests, enjoyments are like candy, you are free to partake but make too much will effect your spiritual health).
So, I spent an hour making a new play list. Of course I'm sharing in case any of you also have a long 20 foot headphone extension cord like I do and pipe it into you most booming of boomers. If you don't, get one at Radio shack. It's worth it (try Pandora.com too!). You can also just pipe the computer sound into your headphones for workouts. I don't have an ipod like some people ....;)
Here it is...go tackle something and be refreshed as well. These are some of my tippity top favorites!
College Is for (Lasting) Pleasure
18 hours ago












3 comments:
I have been so bad about reading blogs and writing on my own blog. I am not sure why. I agree about the motivation. I seem to need to be re-motivate everyday and sometimes everytime I go to eat. It helps me a lot to check in with you everyday. I am so tired of yo-yoing up and down these same 5 lbs. I want to get the pounds off. I will check in with you again tonight or tomorrow morning.
Fun! Yes, I agree it's way more motivational to work out to music. :-) And good for you for working out consistently!
I've really been enjoying your tunes! I worked for hours yesterday on the house - we're putting it on the market and going to try to move closer to family - it's just too hard being so far away and the kids are missing out on so much not having Gma's and Gpa's and cousins around. It keeps my mind on Him and it isn't quite so overwhelming! (-:
Post a Comment