I've Moved...Go Here...

Friday, May 7, 2010

Summer Book Club Plan and Schedule

Thank you for those of you who let me know you'd like to go through this book with me either in person or online. Click here if you don't know what I'm talking about!:) If you have not let me know you want to join in, comment here. There are four ladies who want to get together and at least two who are interested in following online. Pass the word on either way if you know someone who may want to join in!
For those of us getting together locally, here are the meeting dates:
June 11th
June 25th
July 9th
July 23rd
August 6th
August 20th (the reading plan actually ends Aug 14th but this gives some wrap it up time before our last meeting)

I cannot make the Aug 6th meeting because I'll be hopefully out of town spending five days ALONE with my husband for the first time in 13.5 years while our kids are at camp! YEAH! I still hope you ladies will meet. If there are any weird stalkers reading this hoping to rob my house, it's okay, you can have my 90's TV if you want it that bad.

The reading plan worked out so well! We are taking 11 weeks to do the study and there are exactly eleven sections to the book! Here it is:
June 1-5 - Intro and Section 1: Understanding the Problem of Evil
June 6-12- Section 2:Understanding Evil: It's Origins, Nature, and Consequences
(Meeting June 11th )
June 13-19th- Section 3: Problems for Non-Theists: Moral Standards, Goodness, and Extreme Evil
June 20-26th- Section 4: Proposed Solutions to the Problem of Evil and Suffering: Limiting God's Attributes
(Meeting June 25th)
June 27- July 3rd- Section 5: Evil and Suffering in the Great Drama of Christ's Redemptive Work
July 4th-10th- Section 6: Divine Sovereignty and Meaningful Human Choice: Accounting for Evil and Suffering
(Meeting July 9th)
July 11-17th- Section 7: The Two Eternal Solutions to the Problem of Evil: Heaven and Hell
July 18th-24th- Section 8: God's Allowance and Restraint of Evil and Suffering
(Meeting July 23rd)
July 25th- 31st- Section 9: Evil and Suffering Used for God's Glory
Aug 1-7th- Section 10: Why Does God Allow Suffering?
(Meeting Aug 6th)
Aug 8-14th- Section 11 and Conclusion: Living Meaningfully in Suffering/ Final Thoughts About God, Goodness, Evil, and Suffering
(Final Meeting Aug 20th)

The subject matter being so thought provoking as it is, I really recommend a blank journal for your thoughts. Just write down anything that comes so that discussion here or in the group can be more full as well. Sometimes you have a great thought and if you don't write it down, it's gone forever. I think personally, it would be good to write down what God is stretching you to know about him through the book too. Reading that later on will be good for you as well.

As far as blog posts go, I'm hoping to do one a week on each section. Between now and then I will have at least one related post to the upcoming reading, so check back if you want. Later on I will post the reading schedule and meeting schedule on the side bar for easier access.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Alicia, for setting this up! This study looks great. See you at church. Happy Mother's Day.
Charlotte

Related Posts with Thumbnails