This week I'm thankful for many things!
- I'm thankful for our church camp out that went so well. Beside the fact that I was a very stupid mom and forgot that breezy and cold did NOT mean you could not get sun burnt, it was great. Now I have an exploded lip and cheek to remind me of the lesson I've learned. Emma had a rough time the last night and day but besides that it all went well and I'm very thankful for the Jordan's who let us borrow so much camping stuff we did not have.
- I'm thankful I went to see my MD for further help with my health problems because I was still having problems with loosing my appetite the moment I started eating which seemed bigger than just hormones and I was having other bodily problems the days the symptoms were there. The hormones were helping, I think, but I was still struggling. My MD has been my DR. since I was about 10 and is also my mom's doctor and was my dad's. He has seen our family through a lot and is a very gracious Christian man. He saw my family through my dad's tragic decline and passing and was convinced that my body had run out of serotonin over the last few years (to learn more about that go here). This can cause depression (which I was not experiencing) or adrenaline overload. My body was not handling stress well anymore on any level. When any level of adrenaline pulsed through my body it was over reacting with feelings of panic and symptoms of anxiety when I really had no reason to and did not feel worried or anxious at all. He did a good job of explaining to me how this works and is completely chemical in the brain. He agreed with the OB that my hormones were off and to still follow her advice but that this had to be addressed from both ends of the spectrum and it was all connected. Stressful events that you think you are getting through just fine at the time can come around and have effects you don't expect. Right after dad passed we transitioned from homeschool to public school, and felt led to pursue foster care training. The Lord lead us not to do the foster care when our finances got tighter and I'm thankful for that because I could never have known by body had had enough and would soon be showing signs of it. I am on a new medication and it seems to be helping very well. Today was a rough day but I'm thinking it's because I was feeling confident enough to have a full mug of coffee. I've felt off all day. My body still does not do well with much caffeine. This makes since knowing that coffee releases cortisol which spurs adrenaline and once again I'm reminded that I have to give this MORE time. I'm so thankful for this doctor's wisdom. I learned a lot, but still have a lot to learn. It looks like I need to make some good choices as far as what to take on and what not for a while.
- I'm thankful Emma's feeling better after the braces and teeth pulling the next week. She is a real trooper!
- I'm SOOOO thankful Rick's work gave him the time off to go camping with us. It would not have been as fun on my own Saturday.
- I'm thankful I work for a very nice lady. She is always looking out for me. This week she walked down to the bus stop to get the older kids (usually my job) so that I did not have to be out in the sun (yes, it's THAT bad).
- On that note, I'm thankful for healing! I hurt like you would not believe (there are way too many nerves in your lips....great for kissing but bad for burns) but I just keep realizing that my body is working hard to rebuild a whole new layer of lip!
- I'm thankful for some weightloss and my friend Trish and now Kendall who go to TOPS and spur me on.
- I'm thankful for forgiveness. That I receive it from Christ and that he gives me the call to give it over and over because he forgave me of so much and does still.
- Lastly, I'm thankful and encouraged for all you ladies who want to read Alcorn's book with me this summer! Thank you! I'm really looking forward to it!









1 comment:
I think you would like the book I am reading (listening to),The Perfect 10 Diet. It talks about how to correct with food your hormone levels.
Camping was a lot of fun.
Post a Comment