
I did not get around to last weeks so I'm really looking forward to reflecting today.
- Today Caedmon's teacher blessed me by telling me that Caedmon was a delight to have in her class. I was relieved because he has a very sharp conscience and tells me how many times the teacher told the class to be quiet that day. I began to worry if he was getting in trouble for talking but she said not at all. He just really pays attention to if everyone is obeying or not. He does not nag them, but he comes home and reports fully! I'm so thankful he has a mind to do what is right. What a blessing.
- All of my children have been a delight and joy to me this week. Not perfect, but really different, interesting, and growing on different levels. I just seemed keenly aware of the gifts they are to me. So thankful.
- My little job (an hour and a half a day at a day care in town) is going really well. My employer/friend is very easy to get along with and it is a blessing to have my children there with me for most of it. It took us a few days to get use to the different schedule at the end of the school day but we seem to have worked into it now. It is also helping me be more disciplined since I'm using the money I get paid each week for weekly groceries. Weekly shopping makes me more dependant on God and more focused on every dollar. We add a little from the regular budget but the old grocery fund is going mostly into paying off debt.
- I'm SOOOO thankful our closet is put back together. We did it the cheapest way we could and although we would like to upscale it in the future, we only spent 20 bucks and pulled a shelf in from the shed to use. No more clothes on the floor waiting to be hung! Yeah!
- God has been good to give me the focus to really work on some fitness goals this week. Rick has been very supportive and I've had some push and inspiration from different sources. It has been hard for me to make it a priority but I'm so thankful for the time. Once I get through this, maintaining won't take as much time.
- I'm thankful the kids have stayed healthy so far. So many kids have been sick and I thought we were headed there this last weekend when Caed got a low fever and headache but he woke up chipper and healthy.
- The girls are going to get to take keyboard and a "soils to succulent flavors" class. I will get to join them on the second one after my day care time and have asked if I can bring Caed with me. They will be growing things, learning nutrition and cooking in the kitchen from what they grow or learn about.
- I'm so thankful for the new schedule. It is helping our family out so much. I love that Rick sits with us for breakfast and reads the word to the kids and we also get on most days to have a family time of more reading and prayer at the end of each school day. It has been a calming time and a blessing.
- I'm so thankful Caedmon is excited about Awana this year. Last year he did not want to go and he said he didn't this year but Rick and I insisted that they would all three go. He shocked me by saying that he was excited the day it was going to start and has loved it so far. He is already excited to invite a friend from school. We all ready have the van full with our kids and three girls in Victoria's class who are back to going with us again this year so on special nights we agreed we would take two cars.
- I'm thankful for mine and Ricks morning quiet time. He brews the coffee and brings it in which is lovely since I'm not the morning person he is (oh and someone at my TOPS meeting had a funny joke about a husband and wife debating about who would make the coffee and she said they would look to the bible for the answer where she found it...HEBREWS...HE BREWS! HA, that was cute) and we sit and talk and wake up slowly and then do our own devotions side by side. Some mornings we even have time to pray together about the day. That has become a great morning routine for us even if it is at 5am! Eeek.
So, that's the thankfulness on my mind this week!









2 comments:
5 am is early. i am glad the job and school is all working going good.
it is great you have time to exercise everyday. keep up the good work. i know it will pay off on Monday.
wonderful things to be thankful for!! Meanwhile... I'm on the other end of the spectrum on my life! Did you know I have another blog "consider the lilies"? It's on my list of links... so glad life is good!
Post a Comment