
Do you have deep, honest questions for God? Are you brave enough to search them out with Him? Do you let yourself wonder how a good God can harden hearts (as he says he did with Pharaoh and even King Saul among others), allow evil to even exist, or permit suffering? These are VERY hard questions I ask all the time. My heart longed to search out answers in this area. The bible says that some of the mysteries belong only to God (Duet 29:29), but does he leave us wanting in this area? Where is the balm for our aching souls when it comes to evil and suffering?
Watch this and then read further: (the sound is fuzzy, sorry)
Many people feel they would be struck by lightening asking deep hard questions of God. Yet, He longs for us to seek him with a full heart. Seeking with complete trust and respect for who He is will always be rewarding. Questioning him with a rebellious spirit angry for the way He has orchestrated things will lead only to despair. It's okay to disagree with God. Do your kids disagree with you? Do you still expect them to trust and obey? Are you okay with them saying they disagree as long as they submit anyway? Yes. It is the same with God. We should not expect ourselves to always agree with Him just as we should not expect ourselves to understand Him fully. If we did, we would be His equal. His ways are higher, and his thoughts are bigger than our little minds can fathom and therefore, we should expect to disagree or find His plan sometimes being completely against our common sense. If you have submitted to a God who promises you prosperity, deliverance from suffering, or immunity from evil, you have not known the true God of the bible.
This summer, Starting June 1st, I'm starting a Summer book club both online and in person for any who would like to join me. The book is "If God Is Good" by Randy Alcorn. If you walk through with me online, there will be a posted reading schedule. If you cannot get it all in on time, please continue on as you can. The discussion will still be stimulating. If you would like to meet with me to discuss the book I'd like to get together with some ladies every other week at a coffee shop. If you are interested in either please comment here and I'll email you details as time gets closer. There are 45 short chapters in the book. All of it is incredibly stimulating reading. It's the type of book you want to underline in. I truly believe this book will help believers help others who are questioning the same things in their life.
The book club will go from June 1st through August 15th. That's two and a half months to read which I feel is a reasonable pace. On the blog, I will be going through X amounts of the book a week and doing a weekly post on thos e passages. Then, the comments are open for discussion on your thoughts or questions from them.
If you get time, go back to You Tube and watch Parts 1-7 of Randy's discussion on this book. I chose Part 2 to introduce you to the book because I felt it zeroed in on what brought me to the book. If you plan to read the book, these are a must. Part 7 is astounding!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYWayNQWiC0
Watch this and then read further: (the sound is fuzzy, sorry)
Many people feel they would be struck by lightening asking deep hard questions of God. Yet, He longs for us to seek him with a full heart. Seeking with complete trust and respect for who He is will always be rewarding. Questioning him with a rebellious spirit angry for the way He has orchestrated things will lead only to despair. It's okay to disagree with God. Do your kids disagree with you? Do you still expect them to trust and obey? Are you okay with them saying they disagree as long as they submit anyway? Yes. It is the same with God. We should not expect ourselves to always agree with Him just as we should not expect ourselves to understand Him fully. If we did, we would be His equal. His ways are higher, and his thoughts are bigger than our little minds can fathom and therefore, we should expect to disagree or find His plan sometimes being completely against our common sense. If you have submitted to a God who promises you prosperity, deliverance from suffering, or immunity from evil, you have not known the true God of the bible.
This summer, Starting June 1st, I'm starting a Summer book club both online and in person for any who would like to join me. The book is "If God Is Good" by Randy Alcorn. If you walk through with me online, there will be a posted reading schedule. If you cannot get it all in on time, please continue on as you can. The discussion will still be stimulating. If you would like to meet with me to discuss the book I'd like to get together with some ladies every other week at a coffee shop. If you are interested in either please comment here and I'll email you details as time gets closer. There are 45 short chapters in the book. All of it is incredibly stimulating reading. It's the type of book you want to underline in. I truly believe this book will help believers help others who are questioning the same things in their life.
The book club will go from June 1st through August 15th. That's two and a half months to read which I feel is a reasonable pace. On the blog, I will be going through X amounts of the book a week and doing a weekly post on thos e passages. Then, the comments are open for discussion on your thoughts or questions from them.
If you get time, go back to You Tube and watch Parts 1-7 of Randy's discussion on this book. I chose Part 2 to introduce you to the book because I felt it zeroed in on what brought me to the book. If you plan to read the book, these are a must. Part 7 is astounding!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYWayNQWiC0









6 comments:
I look forward to reading this book with you this summer and discussing it with you.
The book looks great! Count me in.
:), Charlotte
This sounds fun. I'll have to see if I can slip it in. I already have 2 set aside for summer studying--1 from a pastor friend, and 1 from my accountability partner--but we shall see :-). Great idea!
I ordered this awhile back but haven't gotten around to reading it. I'm in! :)
This is SUCH a great idea!!!
Sounds like a GREAT book--Randy Alcorn is a great guy and true man of God. I met him and have followed his life struggles and am very impressed with him.
Yeah! I have another Facebook friend wanting to join in too. I'm excited we will journey the book together.
Post a Comment