I've Moved...Go Here...

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday Scraps: 100's Day and Basketball Girl












  • Isn't he cute? Yes, he is. He was so excited for a week to work on his 100's day project (celebrating the 100th day of school the kids make a project of their choice using 100 things). He made three different scenes and all of them were great. This was his choice to enter. Sadly, it was judged by junior high kids who had no idea what the early years of Mario looked like. He only played the retro games before we got the Wii. With it's block art it was perfect for lego's. He made a scene where Mario is running through a graveyard to save the princess in the castle at the end. I think these older kids just saw lego's, but we were very proud of him. It was all his idea and his work. I took him for an ice cream sandwich myself (the winners won a coupon for one at lunchtime) to celebrate.



  • (She is #2)



  • Princess had two games this week. My camera stinks in the gym. The girls played their hearts out and even though they lost 15 to 19 they fought hard for it. There are only about 7 of them and the other school was huge (you can see the blue uniforms lined up on the bench) and there were lots of them, all big girls. Rick really loves going to the games. He is such a good daddy, he works hard and fast to be there in time and cheers them on so well. I have to encourage him not to try to coach them from the bleachers but....:) He really should coach but he cannot get off in time for all the practices.


  • Lost started....and I'm still confused. Still a fan! However, they better throw this fan some scraps soon or I'm going to howl.


  • I have another new blog to recommend. Mary and I grew up in the same homeschool circles. She is an avid reader and loves to chat about what she reads. I like that she has a refreshing layed back outlook and isn't afraid to say what she really likes and doesn't like. Lookout, she is also an Edward fan! Yes, there is a whole new world of Twilight kindreds. *sigh* Her blog is called "A Girl And Her Books" She seems to read from classic to contemporary that I'm not even aware of yet. Check it out! She also will go on my bloglist.

(just a sidenote funny: i was out with a friend this week and the this song came on and we both just stopped talking instantly.....and paused. if you know, you know why *wink* which really, the soundtrack on Twilight was better than the movie itself, but still....*sigh*)

  • Scripture concept I've been pondering: "I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to the....I will rejoice in doing them good...with all my heart and all my soul. " Jer 32:40-41

Besides that my week has been focused on really working that SAHM gameplan and disciplining myself to persevere in all my domestic areas. It has made for a very nice week.

3 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

so i clicked on the youtube link and listened to the song, and i noticed the lyrics typed out in the notes section. is this really the song from the movie? the lyrics that were typed out (and they really sound like they were being song), where bizarre and kind of awful. is that the right link? is that really what the song says, because i totally don't get it!

Mrs.Oz said...

Kristen,
At first the lyrics don't make sense and they are weird. There is a lot of imagry with deeper meaning in this song. Just the first stanze means that he is young and immature "wet behind the ears" as some may say, when he finds his love.
There is more but it's a blog post in and of itself.
Don't be too turned off by the words...they are very abstract.

m. christine weber said...

Hey, there's a picture of me! Thanks for your VERY gracious comments and the highlight :-). And I'm glad you find my tone "refreshing." Would hate to be touted as "dated" or "oldladyish" or "lame." Gotta keep my kids thinking I'm SOMEWHAT cool, ya know. :-)

And I find you refreshing and unabashed (in a great way) as well.
-hugs

Related Posts with Thumbnails