.jpg)
I did not get to the Wed. post that was supposed to be Part 4 of my rant on Christian Hedonism. I've been a little discouraged as to whether it's been helpful or understandable here but I also just have a lot of thoughts to pull together and that takes time and effort I've not had today. Rick was off and honestly, after he took the kids to school we crawled back into bed and watched LOST on hulu.com (....what did you THINK I was going to say?:) Then we had some things we needed to get done. It was a productive day and I sat in the winter sunshine of my living room listening to NPR and sewing patches on Superkid's jeans. Lovely.
I'm doing this post tonight and scheduling it to post tomorrow because I know I have full day. I did not have to work today so I'm doing three hours at the day care tomorrow.
I AM THANKFUL!
- I'm so thankful Superkid rode w/o training wheels for the first time today! He has been ready for a long time but his chain was broke and Rick had not got to it. He took to it like water. No problems. He then came in when daddy had to run an errand though and he came through the kitchen telling me that he wanted to wait till daddy and his sisters got home because he was not sure if his breaks would break or not. I tried to reassure him that they were fine but I did not push it.
- I'm thankful my children make me laugh. Today Superkid said "Is it okay if I pay you to clean my room?" (to me) I laughed and said "No!". He laughed too. Later at dinner he though he knew what was for dessert, said what it was and then said "I've spilled the beans". We all laughed because it was a new phrase for him and then it got even funnier when he added "what does that mean?". "Oh, you don't know? You used it properly" I said. He said Mrs.B uses it in and he thought it was funny but was not sure what it meant.
- I'm thankful the new house cleaning routine is REALLY helping me. I don't stress about getting to everything and then end up getting to nothing. Last night I was going to clean my room while Rick took the crew to Awana but I just was dying for a quiet bubble bath without interruption. I remembered that today was my day to do that and I did get it done today! I don't even have to worry if I get everything done in that room because I can hit it again when that day comes back around. It helps me stay focused on one spot and then the spots add up. *Sigh* it's a beautiful thing.
- I'm thankful that my parenting convicts me. Lately the two on my mind have been how I tell the kids they can't play on the computer until their jobs are done and how they can't eat anything at bedtime when they decide they are hungry at the last minute. I should be just as disciplined on myself.
- I'm thankful LOST started again...but that's so not spiritual.:)
- I'm thankful I can trust God when he gives and when he says "no". I'm thankful I'm not anxious either way. At least not right now:)
NOTE: I have added a new feature to the posts. Blogger now allows you to have an opinion on each one. I LOVE comments, in fact they spur me on to keep this up, so if you have one (really, no matter what little tid-bit it is..it makes my day) please leave it. However, if you just have an opinion on the post click one of the options before you leave if you'd like! Thanks.









2 comments:
I'm thankful for friends and a fun job, my kids and my time with my kids, for my chickens and dog, and for the fact that I own my own home (which desperately needs to be cleaned), and for my husband and God.
That is exciting for Superkid. I know Rd wants to learn, but first we need to get him a bike that works.
Post a Comment