I've Moved...Go Here...

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

It's been a rough week. I won't lie. Monday was a very tough day of hormone problems. Mostly in the panic feelings. I could best describe this as somewhat of a mental claustrophobia. Once again, it comes on for no reason and usually when I'm either just mentally sorting through something (like "okay, I did this and now I need to do that" or "what was that I was supposed to remember at the store?") or when I'm trying to focus on something or someone talking. Even my eyes seem unable to focus well at these times. I can just be looking at someone and trying to hear them and in my mind I'll start to panic and then try to talk myself down from the panic feelings and still try to listen to what they are saying. The other big symptom is that I will get really truly hungry but when I go to eat, within a few bites I start to loose my appetite. This one I don't understand. Monday I fought these off every few minutes all day. Tuesday the nausea hit, as I predicted since that seems to be the pattern. I got in to see my OB. She is putting me on the estrogen all month instead of just two weeks out of the month as it seems these symptoms are pretty much gone while I'm on the patch and it starts getting in my system. She gave me an anti-anxiety to use if there are days it's really bad. She thinks that the patch will level me out enough that I won't need them though. I sure hope so.
I've also just been put on an antibiotic as I developed bronchitis. I've not been sleeping well with tons of coughing. Hopefully the antibiotic will kick it in the bottom for me. I so look forward to feeling better.
In the midst of all this...there is thanks.
  • I am thankful to be reminded that I am indeed quite mortal. This reminds me every day of my need for my Savior. When hormones make you feel you are mentally going crazy, all you can do is lean on God's care for you by what ever means he wants to use be it prayer, helpful hands, medicine, whatever. I've been very nervous with which meds and methods are best and I've really had to trust God in this too and that is good for me.
  • For kids and a husband who are very capable of navigating life when I'm kinda down. It may not be perfect, and it may not be the way I would do it, but they are doing well at it.
  • For my mom, who is praying for me and helping me be brave.
  • For times when I feel good and truly can appreciate feeling good.
  • For the blessing of every day haven making. Though I've had little energy for it lately, it's been a pleasant work for me to make home life run smoothly.
  • For a patient boss who is so nice to navigate these health obstacles with me.
  • For the fact that Superkid is doing better this week in school and having a more positive attitude about it all. I'm thankful we have been able to work with him on his heart issues.
  • For comforters on clearance for the girls new room decor.
  • For the promise that God will see me through anything and that he will see my family through it as well. That he is not only getting us through but he is working it for our good and His glory. It makes one more grateful to go through stuff looking at it that way.

Have a lovely Thursday of gratitude for all God allows you to do and for His wisdom in what he does not allow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails