
I love traditions! We just started a new one. It was birthed out of a decorating inspiration but turned into a neat idea to somewhat separate the beginning of Christmas from the end of Christmas, namely Epiphany.
I have a friend who did a gold and royal blue tree this year and it was so pretty. I thought that next year I'd like to do a tree with blue lights and homemade snowflakes. I still may but ....moving on...
Our tree died out early this year. I saw it coming. I had really wanted to do an artificial tree but Rick loves the fresh ones. I truly, truly understand, but with our desire to leave it up so long (from the end of November to the 6th of January or a few days longer) it just is not possible to have a tree that looks cozy and beautiful that long. I waited hoping I could find a clearance deal and I did. I love this tree. IT has frosted snowy tips that just thrill me for some reason.
Anyway, the purchase and need to switch of the trees led to a conglomeration of creative thinking on my part. Why not do the blue and gold for an Epiphany tree? These colors always make me think of the wise men anyway with their royalty and the blue sky, and the star, and the gold they brought, etc. By changing the tree we can make Epiphany more of a special ending to the 12 days of Christmas as well. So, It just so happened that Walmart had a ton of royal blue balls on clearance this year and I found some stars clearanced off at Pier 1. I also found an amazing new lit up star on clearance. We had one that was lovely but did not light up. We took the ornaments down and are boxing them up. I think next year I will not make the transition until the week before Epiphany so we can enjoy the ornaments longer. I went ahead and did this now to avoid having to redecorate three times. Whew! Many women would not even want to do this job twice but I love decorating and changing color schemes. There are so many different ones to enjoy you know!

I just think its beautiful. Now to find a copy of "The Fourth Wiseman"!









2 comments:
beautiful tree. did you buy a fake tree or another fresh tree? really enjoyed watching the fourth wiseman last year. I might have to request it again this year.
I found one on clearace at OSH. I was so excited!
Post a Comment