I've Moved...Go Here...

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What I Like About You!


Yesterday was Emma Bear's birthday. Emma Bear got the name Emma Bear from her sweet Pediatrician the day she was born and had to be put under the lights because she and mommy had opposing blood types. He was so taken with her and started calling her that. How did he know it would fit so well? He is still one of my favorite people. She is so much like a cute, sweet little bear.

I wanted to do a post on what I like about Emma and then later, I'd like to get an interview on record for her like I did for Caed's birthday a few years ago.


I like that Emma speaks her mind. Sometimes it's scary how well she speaks her mind. However, in a world where I get so frustrated trying to figure out what people REALLY think (because most people hide what they really think or did you notice?), it's refreshing to have someone who is an open book. I'm much like this but Emma has me beat. When her reaction is negative you have to look out though because many a time she will make this face where she frowns, cocks her head and says something like "that's just weird!". I nearly always love it personally but I have to say I've been in places and moments where I've wished she could have told me later what she really thought:). Still, I love Emma's honesty. It's a rare quality and even if she needs to work on her propriety, I appreciate that she does not try to hide her thoughts like some do.


I like that Emma is self-motivated. This girl can plow though that which she wants to accomplish like nothing I've ever seen before. I kid you not, twice in the last week I've had to say "no, you cannot do your homework until your chores are done!" or "Emma, it's your birthday party in ten minutes, please don't worry about your homework right now!" Emma gets her homework packet on Friday after the last one was due on Thursday. Now, most kids would be thinking "yeah, is Friday! I have till NEXT Thursday to get this one in so I don't have to touch it over the weekend!" Nope, not Emma. Emma pulls it out and starts working on it WHILE WE ARE WALKING HOME FROM SCHOOL ON FRIDAY! It drives me nuts! I want to chill FOR her! Anyway....she is a bulldozer still. When she was a baby we called her that because she never let anything stand in her way she crashed right through obstacles never complaining that they were there either.


I like that Emma has a gentle heart. Despite her tough yet beautiful exterior, Emma has a very sensitive heart. When my dad was dying she was so absorbed with quiet thoughts about Heaven. She processed it all internally and came out one day and told us she had been praying and asked Jesus if she could go to heaven someday. After he had passed Emma was so healing to my mom because somehow she always knew when Nana was having a very rough time and she would just go over and very quietly put her arm around her and lay her head on her chest to comfort her. Which of course would make my mom's tears just flow but it was such a blessing to her to hear Emma's quiet way of saying "I know Nana, I'm so sorry, I miss him too". Sometimes she would verbally get out the last part but Emma does not verbally express much and usually she did not talk much about it.
Emma is a gentle encourager as well. She will tell her siblings when they have done a good job one something and make sure they know they've done well.


I like that Emma is adventurous. Emma's name means "universal; all embracing"....and boy is she that. Emma is fearless to a scary point. Someday I wonder what she will take off and do. If the Lord lays on her heart to be a missionary, I know I won't see her much because she could do it. She always has to have something going on around her. She feeds on activity and social stimulation. When she is home sick from school she nearly looses her mind the minute she feels good enough to be up because no one is around at all. The go-getter has to have something to go and get all the time but when the getting needs to be got, she's gettin' it!


I like that Emma is motivated to hide God's word in her heart. The challenge of Awana is another stimulant in her. She is very self motivated about getting those verses memorized and I'm so thankful she loves to do that.


So, needless to say Emma.....we like ya....we like ya a lot!

3 comments:

I am Katy, said...

Happy Birthday, Emma. :) What a beautiful girl, both inside and out.

Tricia said...

I hope Emma had a great birthday. God has given you a special girl.

Tricia said...

I have left an award for you at my blog. I would be so honored if you would come and get it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails