I'm actually excited about this blog theme. I'm worried you'll learn too much about me but I'm excited to share whatever I loved in my life in the week.
- I'm a fan of Saturday Night Live: The Best of Dana Carvey. At least part one. We have not watched part two yet. I'm even more a fan of watching my husband laugh till he's crying when he watches it. It's on Netflix Watch Now. (Thanks Trish!:)
- I'm a fan of John Piper's sermon on Exodus about God hardening Pharaoh's heart. I learned a lot about election and predestination and Piper once again made it clear to understand. Well, at least he clearly pointed to the mystery of it...LOL! Not at all a waste of time to listen.
- I'm a fan of the song "Telephone" by Lady Gaga and Beyonce'. No, I'm not a fan of Gaga herself, she is a little strange (though some of her songs are okay, many are raunchy). I love this song because sometimes a woman just wants to do that....leave it all and get on a dance floor. I don't do clubs but if they were just a bunch of girls needing a night out from home, I'd be there. I don't wanna think anymore...I left my head and heart on the dance floor. I promise, someday I'm shutting all my blinds and playing that to kick it in my living room!
- I'm a fan of the book we are reading in my ladies discipleship group "Because He Loves Me" by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick. I'll be using some of her thoughts when I finally get to Part 4 of Christian Hedonism. It's really just reiterating so many things I've been pondering.
- I'm such a fan of sushi. Rick and I both are. He got a Dummy book on Sushi but he says he can hardly read it because he starts salivating. So funny. I want a "got sushi" shirt. There has to be one. The problem is that it's hard to get it for a good deal. I want to learn to make California rolls at least at home so we can have it more. Princess and Superkid got to try some (yes, with the slab of raw salmon on it) a few weeks ago when we brought them home a taste and they LOVED it.
- I'm a fan of people who think....who contribute, participate, converse, and greet the world with open arms. To those who can do it with grace and truth as Christ was said to do in the scriptures. I'm a fan of them, I like to be around them, and they encourage me to live my own life fully. I'm not a fan of the silent stuffies of the world, nor the obnoxious shouters, but I am a fan of those who have something to say on just about anything in the most friendly of ways.



What are you a fan of this week?









7 comments:
Fun stuff! SNL can be so hilarious! I'm absolutely also a fan of your #6. This week I'm a fan of the song "Major Tom" by the Shiny Toy Guns (from the Lincoln car commercial). I can't make out the lyrics, but I like the feel of it. Also, I'm a fan of sleep this week, but can't seem to find it. Lastly, I'm a fan of the Mark Driscoll sermon series on Ecclesiastes. I've listened to the first two so far. Your earlier post on Christian Hedonism inspired me to dive into Ecclesiastes again.
:) Carrie Underwood's new cd ("Play On"). It's just fun!
I am enjoying "Because He Loves Me", also. It is a great book. I am definitely a fan of Netflixs. I am a fan of Mom nights out. Do you want you want to go out soon?
Love your fan list!
I'm a fan of Kalamata olives, thyme and goat cheese.
I'm a fan of the country, open spaces, big skies full of stars.
I'm a fan of laughing!
I'm a fan of dancing and I have to say that if I could find any Christian music that had a beat like Lady Gaga, I'd probably be dancing to it! In the mean time, it's okay to be go-go for Gaga! (And I'd probably still listen to Gaga anyway.)
I think Jim Gaffigan is hilarious, so yes - big fan here!
I'm a fan of people who think outside the box, not crazy people but people who are driven by something greater than man's traditions and rules. Who aren't afraid to be alone because of it.
Erin-reagarding #6...i'm sure you would agree. You'd have to be that way to be married to Ben. I think that is why we became such good friends. Just ask him, our whole sunday school years were really he, and I discussing the topic with the teacher and the other guys just sat around like bumps on a log. I'll have to check out your song on projectplaylist.
Kristen- I love Carrie's stuff too. I'll have to visit some of those songs while I'm at PP too!
Tricia- yeah, getting out sounds good!
Amy- good stuff...I'm a lover of kalamatas and goat cheese too!
What I do with the music I love but would not let my kids listen to is I have a playlist on projectplaylist that I play for exercise or housework. Some of them are okay for the kids (like Emma LOVES the "call 911...shorty fire burnin" song and I do too) but something like Blah Blah Blah is just not great for them. Especially with my 12 year old who knows too much now. :) I AGREE with you! If there was only better stuff with better sound! We do like Group One Crew...check them out...you will probably love them. OH, and my girls love Brit Nicole, she is awesome too.
I've never heard of Jim Gaffigan or at least I'm not putting a face to the name. Have you heard of Jeff Dunham...omg...hillarious.
Like your last one too.
Had to add our vote for #5!! We love sushi!! And unfortunately, we've also let our kids taste it and they too LOVE it. UGHH $$$ lol. Joshua got a sushi cookbook and he makes us sushi often. You should TOTALLY give it a try. Even try making it with real fish if you can find a reputable place around there that sells it sushi grade. It is definitely less pricey to make yourself than going out for it, especially California rolls or veggie rolls. We also make shrimp rolls. Ooooh, now I'm hungry lol!
Post a Comment