I've Moved...Go Here...

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Praise and Prayer

I'm still on a blog fast to pray for Haiti. I just came by to praise the Lord for an answer and ask for prayer.
May of last year I had a PAT episode that was scary. Never experienced anything like it before. Nov 2nd I had it again and it was worse. This time I had nausea. It always came with my cycle. I was again told every test was normal, I was healthy and fine. You can imagine my frustration because I knew I did not feel fine, but the symptoms would wear off (the first time they were just that one day and the next day I was at my grandpa's memorial service feeling fine) and I went on hoping it just would not happen again. I was told to watch caffeine near my cycle time too.
Well, last Thursday I was out on a date with my husband and we had just got our food when it happened again. I had to go out to the car and lay down. This time the heart racing with the PAT did not hit me as hard as the faintness and nausea. I went home and the nausea made me puke. The weakness, faintness and nausea lasted a few hours and then I felt better. I was kinda proud I'd made it through without going to the ER and thought that since it was over it would be a while till anything happened again.
Friday my husband had to call in to work. I woke up and nearly passed out, got nauseous and vomited again. I was in tears by this time with frustration. The debilitation of my life was nearly more than I could bear. A mom has to be able to stand up and get her family taken care of and I was so upset that there were no answers. Rick took me to the Med Stop in town when my nausea would not go away. Again, all tests came back good. I had a healthy heart three times over, a healthy blood sugar every time, and my blood work was always beautiful. It was not that I wanted to be sick, but I was beginning to hope something would come back wrong so we would know. They sent me home. Saturday my cycle started so once again I knew there was a connection. I felt okay except for some nausea and a major aversion to food. Sunday, I did not feel like eating much but felt okay.
Monday morning it started up again around 10 am. I was supposed to run to the grocery store and the nausea was so bad again, I knew I was going no where. I decided to call the OB on call since it was a holiday. Thankfully, and Lord willing, it was my OB Dr. who I've had personally for 12 years and who was with me through all three pregnancies and two births. She wanted me to go down to the ER to have an ultrasound done.
We went down after getting our kids situated with friends. I felt so bad dragging Rick around for this and I was really thinking a lot about what love really is when you get to the "in sickness and in health" parts of your life it hits you. This man would do anything for me and he loves me so much. I was so thankful to have him with me.
They were looking for fibroid problems. They found none. After all that the ER doctor said I needed to follow up with my OB the next day but that he could see no reason for my symptoms. He said there was a "little" (those were his words) cyst on one of my ovaries but that would not be causing all this.
I cried some more on the way home.
I was so frustrated.
Rick went on to a dinner BBQ we had planned with our dear friends who had our children and I went home to rest. I fought awful nausea and had three spurts of the PAT while resting. I turned everything off and got out my bible hoping to be comforted in the Word. I could not look down to read without getting nauseated. So, I closed my eyes and leaned my head back and prayed, crying out to God with all my heart. I was shown many things in this time that were pertinent to my life. It was a prayerful pruning session with the Lord and I'm so thankful for it.
This morning my doctor finally got hold of me and had me come in. I had nausea and faintness again in the AM and was so thankful I had not tried to drive myself down. Rick took another emergency day and Superkid had a bad cough and was with us.
Long story short, the ER doctor did not even mention the cyst to my doctor on the phone and it is not a "little" cyst. It is 5cm (2.5 inches) in diameter and the cause of all my nausea and problems. It's throwing my hormones off so much as to cause the episodes of PAT as well. She has scheduled surgery for tomorrow. I appreciate your prayers. I'm a little nervous but willing to go through anything not to have all this anymore. Once it's taken out, I'll have to do some treatments to get my hormones back on track again.
Lessons learned?
God is always in tune and working.
Hormones are so important to overall health and sanity!
Don't believe everything the ER doctor says and get more advice!

I'm thanking God for answering our prayer as to what was wrong.
I tell this story too in case anyone has such strange things happen and everyone tells them they are fine.

11 comments:

Tanja said...

Oh A-
You are definitely in my prayers! How very scary and yet what a relief. To finally have an answer. Praise God.
I will pray for you and your family tonight and tomorrow. Keep me posted when you are well enough and rested!
Blessings.

tammi said...

Oh my goodness! Frightening indeed!! You will definitely be in my prayers tomorrow as you undergo surgery. ♥

Kristen Borland said...

i will pray for you. the hardest part is not having answers (i have WAY too much experience with that!), and I'm so glad you got answers and that they can fix this. praise the Lord for giving your doctor the answer!

m. christine weber said...

Oooohhh I feel for you, poor thing! I'm so sorry about all of this, but am glad to see the Lord moving in the midst of it. How comforting that is to feel him near and orchestrating events. I'm praying for you and your family and the surgery. And I'm thrilled you'll not have to keep going through this (blindly!) any more.

Many blessings.
-m

Erin Claassen said...

Alicia, I'm so sorry you had to go through all that! Scary stuff. Praise God that an answer was found. I will be praying that the surgery is quick and successful and your recovery is speedy.

Karen said...

Alicia, I am so relieved that you have an answer and you are in my prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery! Maybe have rick post an update so we know things went well?! ~Karen

Mrs.Oz said...

Rick here updating for my sweet wife who has had too many pain pills to see the screen properly.
The surgery went well; God, in His providence, allowed the doctor to find the cyst just in time. She said that it was just days away from rupturing!
Thank you ALL for your prayers!

Karen said...

I've been checking all day...thank you for updating, Rick!! I'm so glad it went well...praying for a quick recovery, Alicia!!!

Amy B said...

Wonderful news Rick, thanks for updating us! Tell Alicia we love her and praying for a quick recovery!

Tammy said...

Thanks for the update Rick.

Alicia - so glad they found what it was. Praise God for the timing of it too.

Praying for a quick recovery and complete healing!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you recovery and I'm sharing in your relief! God is so good!!
Love,
Charlotte

Related Posts with Thumbnails