I have a few pics but I'll have to add those later. The heat is making me very unmotivated today and way too hungry. Just like the summer, no tight schedule and hot bored kids locked in the house. Humph.
So, I thought I'd try to update how our first week of school went for those who care to know.
Victoria's class is a bit smaller this year (only 28 rather than 36) so I'm excited about that. I think her new teacher this year will help Victoria's personality of needing firmness with grace. She is all ready a class helper by getting to enter class attendance into the computer.
Emma is in a combo class for right now. She was chosen along with ten other 3rd graders, to be in a 3/4th combo class. She did get the teacher I wanted (after Mr.E, who I had growing up, and who I really wanted for her got transferred to the school in the country) and I understand the combo class but what I'm not happy about right now is that they have her lunching and playing with the 4,5 and 6th graders. I called the Principal and he said they are trying to work some things out and even get a solid additional 3rd and 4th instead of the combo. I voiced my concerns and he was very respectful. My point was that the issue was the socialization with the older kids when I felt she was not ready. The 1st,2nd, and 3rd graders usually have their own playground with swings and jungle gym but the 4th, 5th, and 6th is a smaller more boring play area because kids at that age usually do basketball, dodgeball, or chat. I told him I felt it would not hurt some 4th graders to mingle with youngers, but it would be pushing those little 3rd graders to mingle with olders. If there is no change by this week, he will be hearing from me again. The difference between a 3rd and 6th grade girl is massive on a social level.
Caedmon has my old homeschool teacher, Mrs.B and I was happy for that. I worry about her because she has 28 1st graders. I helped in the class most of the day yesterday so she could get some assessments done of the kids and it's amazing how the bad, no..NON-EXISTENT listening skills of some take up all the teachers time sometimes. I applaud them all for keeping with their job with the lack of parenting kids have now days. Mind you, they are still fresh out of kindergarten and by the time they get up in the grades, they learn what is expected and what is not allowed but just to have all that to deal with is tough. I'm thankful Caedmon is so ahead in his academics so I don't worry about him falling behind. If he was a struggling student, I don't know if he would get the attention he would need. Right now he is assessed as second top of the class out of the 28.
As far as my week as housewife went, it was great. I had created a simple and strict schedule for the family and it's working well.
My mom had a bad scare this week though. She was at work and had terrible pain in her chest that went through to her back and shoulders as well as up to her chin. She drove herself to the hospital since I was too far away and she was very worried (I wished she had called 911, but she said she did not want to make a fuss). I got there about 10 minutes after she did and they were hooking her up for tests. I stayed most of the day, and thankfully Rick was off to get the kids. Her tests came back fine but they kept her for observation. Even the CAT scan had good results so she went home last night. She is resting today and does not have the pain at all. We are still not sure what it was.
Rick has started to get use to his new job as a T-6 (he does a different route every day). It has been so hot this week it's been tough. I'm really looking forward to cooler weather. The schedule we were on made for a very nice week with low family stress. We both enjoyed it very much.
Hope next week is good too but not expecting perfection, that's for sure!
I've Moved...Go Here...
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
I am glad your week went well with your schedule. It is always good to plan your day. I am working on not getting upset (sinning) when my plans don't work out. I am trying to focus on God having a different plan for my day or hour.
Awesome schedule! I commend you for getting it down on paper and sticking to it (but not sure I could get up at 5am lol)! I love schedules tho I admit ours has become more lax than I'd like lately. Maybe seeing yours will be motivation to tighten ours back down!
Karen- I kinda freaked when I put this site public and took the schedule off this post. I was worried some strange stalker would have too much homework done for them!LOL>
Post a Comment