Still...
This week I have one big one!
I'M SO THANKFUL SCHOOL IS STARTING MONDAY!
I don't care if I get criticism for saying that...bring it on. You don't live with my restless and mounting-ly fidgety children every day so you can say what you want. You don't have my personality that can't seem to start a project or anything really and get it done when they are around all day.
I am so reminded the last month why our family works so much better with the kids in school. Rick and I were in the bubbles together last night just saying "oh, man, now we remember why homeschooling was tough on us!".
We are looking forward to the schedule, the structure, and all of us doing the jobs we do best. The kids really need the interaction and brain stimulation again. I guess if we lived out in the country or on some land where there was more to it may be different, but here in our little modular park, I have to be outside with them most of the time.
I really click well as the housewife/mom. That is what I'm so anxious to take on again. Structuring my errand schedule and housework, making their coming home treat for the day, organizing the house....I'm so in my element with that.
I'm also looking forward to the interaction with the teachers and the kids again. Some of them have become extended family to us. My kids do so well, having the accountability to us and other adults and so far we have been blessed with great christian teachers for them as well as a great christian principal. I'm just reminded how wonderful the situation is for now.
I'm loving their excitement to go through the supplies we got mostly free from CVS and load up what they need. I'm anxious to make a gift basket for each teacher for their room as well as some scones and a jar of our apricot jam from the summer.
The season is changing and I love it! I was genuinely excited to have them home in June and we did have fun but as the summer went on and July ended, the mood changed to boredom, bickering more, cabin fever, heat exhaustion, and I knew it was time for change. Now, it's here...
and...
FOR THAT I'M SO THANKFUL!
We are heading up to the school in a few minutes to see what classes they are in and if they got the teachers I requested. They are excited for even that and I'm right behind them with excitement!









3 comments:
I enjoy reading your thankful posts. :)
Love the new background! Hope you got the teachers you wanted!
Thanks Amy! YEs, we did! I forgot to say that in my post today too, but yes, we did and I did not have to bully anyone!:)
Post a Comment