Just before school started the kids were locked in with the heat (though Caed is sporting a nice long sleeve shirt:*) and trying to keep themselves entertained. Caed opened his own French restaurant (notice his spelling) and made a sign for it too.
I have too many cats in my life because my kids keep talking me into rescuing kittens the size of your palm and I don't fight them very hard. This new litter found in our carport at just about 5 weeks of age is growing big and we only have the two twin boys (we call them twins because they are so identical that we can hardly tell them apart...not a white smudge on them). Their sister we found a home for. You may all ready know that last summer we took on two grey tabbies, a brother and a sister and we still have those as well as a cat from our A-town home that came up to us starving to death. They all love to cuddle with the kids.
Emma reading and listening to her tunes. My kids are archaic, they don't have I-pods or MP3's
Funny picture of Emma. The girl is always in motion!
Sterling prefers Victoria but he sure gets in some amazing nap time formations. He is seriously deeply asleep I promise.
Ceadmon and Clark (Clark Kent that is, and the other one is Bruce Wayne). Clark is the skinny-mini kitten.
First Day of School! Gotta have that headed out the door pic of the year!:)
Caedmon in his 1st grade class. Desks are new this year!
Emma in her 3rd/4th combo class. Both kids have their bags of supplies to load their desks. They were very anxious to get those.
My big 6th grade lady. Trendy in her cut offs for the first day. :)
Saturday, school was done for the week, and we had stayed focused. Now it was 108 or so outside and we ended up locked in for the day. We were all very tired all day. Emma fell asleep for a 3 hour nap with Bruce on the couch! I love pics of sleeping children. The brown smudge on her lip was from a fall at school on Tuesday trying to get to the bus. She was a little worried about missing it at first but now they have done great. It's a new thing for them this year and even though it's just the first stop down the road, (where I'm working for an hour and a half at a day care) and the kids really wanted to, it's not my preference. I enjoyed picking them up last year and chatting with the teachers more. For this year though, it's the Lords provision for us for a little more grocery money.
Sunday Pasta. Today we wanted something simple for dinner and the heat is back. I love coming up with great combos. This one will be going on the Domestic site soon. The kids know I take pics of dishes so I can put up the recipe but Caed wanted one with him in it. I ended up loving his face. I Love my baby's blue eyes.











3 comments:
I love your picture filled post!! Thanks for sharing!
WOW on the cats...so how many kittens do you have on top of the five adult cats?
I am so glad you put up those pictures. Victoria looks so grown up it is just crazy to me!!! What a beautiful family you have!
Karen- no, there are five total. Three grown, and the two black twins. One adult female has always been outdoors and we just kicked the other grey tabbie female out because she refused to clean herself. That is something I can't stand!
So, inside are the kitties and the adult male Sterling who is a darling.
Brooke- thank you! I know she is growning up fast!
Post a Comment