
Today was it, the last day. Emma is beside herself with excitement, Victoria got excited about a week a go in a big way, and just today Caedmon got on the wagon. I don't influence them or manipulate their feelings in anyway either way, so it's fun to see them develop their thoughts on their own. I was shocked though when Caedmon said he was excited. When I asked him what made him excited he said "having a new teacher". He loved Mrs.E. from last year, but am glad he is excited to be in Mrs.B's class. The amazing thing to me is that when I was 13, Mrs.B was my teacher through home study and she came out to bring me all my things and check in with me and my mom. I liked her then, and she is so the same. She just has silver hair instead of black. She always had the sweetest caring face. I've learned from observing her style at school, that she is very caring, but is also very intent on holding the children to account for their behavior. I see her out almost every day after school chatting with a parent to fill them in on what the issues of the day might have been, or what positive things she sees.
Today, we went to church after Rick picked up the kids from our friends who kept them all night. Not the best idea. Victoria had saved all her tiredness attitude for us and was immediately negative about how the boys in the next tent kept the girls up all night. We tried to explain that was part of the fun of the outing. She just was showing obvious signs of not getting enough sleep. So, after church they took naps.
Now, usually, they don't sleep, but they do just read or play quietly while daddy and mommy sleep a bit. Today, Rick had to wake them up to squeeze in their last trip to the pool for the summer. He took them for about an hour and I did some clean up.
They came home and I made a big batch of Pesto Pasta w/ fresh tomatoes and shrimp. I've been blessed with a neighbor who grows basil so Rick just went down and got some and I made the pesto fresh....ah, yum. Shrimp is a delicacy in our house and all the kids were elated to get it. We ate outside in front of the house, they on a blanket, and daddy and I on patio chairs. It was very relaxing. They finish and climb in daddy's lap, or swing on the tree branch while we chat about their excitement for school tomorrow.
We came in and they got ready for bed while I made a peach cobbler from the peaches we picked with friends the other day. Rick read some bible stories to them and Emma read from Psalms. She loves to read Psalms. They were given their schedules and read over each of their own. Not too complicated, and very similar except Victoria wakes up a half an hour earlier to shower and have her quiet time, and she goes to bed a half an hour later.
Then, it was off to bed as quick as you can! They have all been asleep for a while now and I'm loving that it's only ten! I cleaned up the peach mess and the counters to be ready for my morning tasks. The cool air is coming in and the bedroom fan is inviting me to put my feet up and chat with my sweetie.
The summer was good. It was not as hot as usual. The kids had lots of fun that was free (and funny!:) and we are all very ready for the fall season and all the people we see each day. God is good and his mercies are new every morning. I'm so thankful for the joy we have of following him.
I also start my new job tomorrow which is only for an hour and a half but it will be different to do any kind of work outside of home. I'm excited. I'm also excited to finally mop the kitchen which has not been mopped all summer! AHHHHH!









2 comments:
Sorry it has been awhile since I stopped by. I just caught up on everything. I love the Thankful Thursday. Even if no one ever participated it just gets my heart in the right mood.
I can understand the ready for school to start. I am just too lazy to get everyone up and to the school. I would dread that part just as much. We just had our first full week of school (we did partial weeks all summer) and it was very intense since I have a JH kid now.
I am surprised my kids were excited to start school yesterday. It hit them a lot later than your kids. It hit them Monday morning and again today. They could not wait to get started.
I look forward to hearing about their first week and yours.
Post a Comment