
I was spending Thursday resting with Rick as he was recovering from a head cold and I was trying to rest a bit for being out all night at the movies. So, I'm going to catch up now.
- I'm thankful we were able to get our car home from it's breakdown point on the freeway. We were both worried we would have to have it towed but Rick got it back by the skin of his teeth and me following right behind to make sure it was okay. I'm so thankful he was okay as it's coolant system is shot and the problem was overheating. I prayed him home for sure. We are on one vehicle but every time that happens to us it makes me so thankful we live so close to school and my little job. God is good.
- I'm thankful my brother was able to come home for Thanksgiving. It was not going to be that way for a long time because my mom could not afford to bring him home for both holidays. (My brother lives on a Christian ranch for disabled adults) She was able to get a great deal and he had been so sad not to be home for Thanksgiving. I'm so glad it worked out.
- I'm thankful again for my little job and the sweet lady I work for. She has been so nice to give me some extra hours so we can have some sort of Christmas this year. I don't think we have ever had such a tight year and my being able to do some extra work that does not take away from my work at home or family time has been a gift straight from God's hand. I am SO VERY thankful.
- Oddly, I'm thankful it is such a tight year. It's making me think harder and get even more creative. I've really been focused in a non-material way this year and am learning some real restraint. I have shopped for NOTHING yet. We probably won't be able to shop until the beginning of December and we will have to be so careful. It's so good for me and I think this Christmas will be the best ever because the sights, sounds and family love will be the greatest gifts. I'm really having a special joy about each little cheap idea I get and that's a blessing.
- I'm continually thankful for the best friend I have in Rick. The past year has been a tough year when it comes to friends for me for many reasons. I'm in that stage of life where my kids are getting a little older and I want to start doing girly things but I have very few spontaneous friends. Rick and I are both spontaneous and though it's hard for us to get out much, I so appreciate that part of him and look forward to the fun we will have more and more. We just love so much in life and getting out and doing stuff. I look forward to doing that more and more with the kids too as we are able. I have wished that I was able to find more girlfriends that way who you could just call up and say "let's go..." and they say "alright! sounds great!". I live up in the middle of nowhere and far away from most of my friends anyway. My best friend here is like a sister to me but she just had baby #5 and I'm just not in that chapter of my life anymore. I guess I'm just so glad Rick totally gets this part of who I am. He totally understands and is so truly anxious that I get the chance to get out. He seems to understand where my head is at this stage of life and he appreciates that I'm there. On our level as husband and wife it's great. As I am restless about friends, he is understanding and becomes so precious to me because as my very best friend, he is the best spontaneous soul I know. Bless you babe.
- I'm so thankful for my maturing daughter. It's scary but exciting to see her growing up both physically and emotionally. I am so proud of her and love that when we sit down and talk about God's perspective on things in her life, she really gets it. Growing up is NOT easy and I know I did not get some things spiritually at nearly 12 that she already gets now. I really look forward to the next few years with her. I know there will be very hard obstacles yet to come but the light at the end of each of those tunnels really brings me joy. She is such a sweet and interesting child. All my kids are interesting. I love that about them.
This week will be a great week to reflect on all those things to be thankful for. We will always be able to find problems in life but we can usually find more things to be thankful for to out shadow them. That's a great gift from God.









2 comments:
great list. One car does make you appreciate living close to things. We have had only one car for so long I don't know how I would feel having two.
I have never told you this, but I miss your phone callings saying you are coming to town and could we do lunch together. When finances get better for both of us, maybe we could meet with out the kids 1/2 between and do tea or lunch.
I look forward to going Christmas shopping with you sometime soon.
i know, i miss that too. your invite to shop was so appreciated! money does make an issue though doesn't it? i wish it didn't. i really look forward to it too!
Post a Comment