
It's a rainy day and I just can't help but look inward and think. I've been thinking a lot about my dreams. Some are attainable and some are not. Some are what my life would look like if it was perfect and some are what it would look like if I just got my act together.
Running...
I dream of being able to run. I've never been able to run long nor have I ever enjoyed it. BL has inspired me so much and my dream is to be able to run a marathon. Next year I dream of building up to that. Right now I dream of the shoes I need to start.
A chicken coop....
Silly, I know but I've always wanted to have chickens. Our friends in WA, the Cowan's built one this year that made me drool. It was SO cute! Good job guys, now come build me one!:) I don't know if we are allowed to even have them but I'm going to find out. I don't know how to take care of them either so this could be a big dream down the road.
To garden...
I have NO green thumb at all. The only instruction I got in gardening was to pull the weeds and remove the rocks. I have everything to learn and frankly don't know where to start. I dream of a garden this year though and a shelf for seedling pots outside that the kids can start things in from seeds even that we get from our own pumpkins or squash or whatever.
To dance...
I really want to take a dance class with my husband someday. I dream of dancing with him.
To sew....
I dream of being able to make things. I come up with lots of ideas but don't know what I'm doing. I plan to get my machine out permanently this year and get my supplies organized. I dream of learning what the heck I'm doing and how to thread my machine. Yes, I'm that bad. I have to read the instructions every time I need to use it. I want to MEMORIZE how to thread it!:)
To learn new recipes...
I dream of working my way through some cookbooks. I dream of compiling what works in a notebook to keep for now and posterity. That will weed out a lot of unnecessary collecting. There are a few vintage ones I'll hopefully never have to part with.
To read the bible chronologically...
Something I've always wanted to do.
Organization dreams...
I am so close to having a place for everything. I really hope this year to finish that off this year and since I hope to stay put for a while, it will be nice to enjoy it for a good long while.
To be out of debt...
We have been working so hard on this and are making progress. My new little job will help us more in the new year Lord willing, and I think this will be a good year if we stay focused.
To loose weight...
I have 20 lbs to go people! I'm so close and yet so far away! The last ones are the hardest and that is why I know I will have to sweat everyone of them off.
To be an active family....
We have a great desire to hike, bike and generally GET OUT more with the kids this next year. We plan to have one to two Sundays a month where we spend the day doing exercises activities. This may be a seaside hike, or it may be going up to the school with our skates or basketball.
Of family evenings together...
My dream is to have a hand project (crochet, hand sewing..etc) to work on for the evenings when Rick wants to sit and read to us all. I dream of getting the girls started on some of their own. Caedmon is quite the artist and loves drawing during this time but I'd love to learn some needle work with the girls.
To remember birthdays and do something about it....
One thing I've been frustrated with my life since becoming a wife and mom is that I cannot seem to remember birthdays of those I care about. I really don't know why but it probably has something to do with my brain forgetting dates all the time. I want to find a birthday calendar and keep a bunch of things I can just give or make for those I care about for their birthdays.
Reading C.S. Lewis...
Rick and I started a C.S. Lewis book club near the end of this year. I would like to continue that all year and read more and more from this man. If I could manage to throw some Jonathan Edwards in there too, I'd be elated.
Writing my book...
I was inspired months ago with a fiction story finally and have not been able to work on it. I really like the story as it's still in my head and I long and dream for time to write. This one may not be very tangible.
Fixing the deck...
I dream of repairing and painting and ....oh, please...putting a roof on my deck outside. Another not very tangible as my husband is very smart but not a fix it guy. I dream of it looking inviting and so much better than the shabby white trash look it has right now. I dream of potted plants around and on it and steps that don't wobble when I walk on them. Ah..alas.
Letting go...
of a lot of things and holding even tighter to others.
Well, I think that is about it. Any dreams for the new year you have?
That's all I can think of right now.









3 comments:
You are way ahead of me. I am just trying to finish this year off. Maybe after Christmas I will get a chance to plan for next year.
key word...dreamin' lol!
You have a lot of mine! Great minds think alike, I guess. (-: Love you, Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment