I've Moved...Go Here...

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Keeping Blogging Safe With Using Pics

I just saw a post of someone who sadly had to delete their blog out of concern for their images being stolen. It made me think that those getting started in the blog world may want some tips on this subject.
On posting:
Don't tag your family photos! Don't use expression words or their names. These will cause them to come up in google searches that many people (including me) use to decorate their blog.

On Finding Pics:
Once of the easiest ways to have a picture for your story is to search for one on the web. It is completely legal to use these AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT COPYRIGHTED. There is a search index that you can use that will filter out the ones you may not use for you. That way you can have many fun images to add to your blog without getting into trouble. It's called Google's Image Search and you can learn about the details here. It talks about how to check your images before you use them.

Hope that helps.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I'll probably use the new Google search. It looks easier than what I've been using. Thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails