
I was not going to do this today, was gunna skip it but then I remembered my darlings pics I needed to share!

Superkid FINALLY lost his other front tooth! This thing had been hanging there for a LONG time like some Billy Bob guy. Superkid does NOT believe in wiggling teeth at any price. This tooth like the other one beside it, and the two bottom ones, had the permanent tooth well in before the baby tooth came out. So, we all cheer real big when it comes out.
I've been curious how big his permanent front teeth will actually be. He is such a big kid all ready (he comes up to my chest) at 6, I know he is going to be huge and those teeth right there are for the grown man he will be. I have a feeling they will look big when they come in.
We have wheels again! Last night Rick and I picked up our Jetta. We had the heating core bypassed (so glad we live where we do!) and it was 60 dollars CHEAPER than they quoted. Thank you Lord! We got babysitting and went to see Avatar. That was a fun ride. As my facebook status indicated:
"Well, saw Avatar. It's like Pocahontas meets Jurassic Park, meets Star Wars, meets Planet Earth, meets Braveheart, meets Blue Man Group, meets Al Gore. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun ride and very original and creatively beautiful. Not cool with making the military look like jerks but I'll take a flying dragon of my own any day."
And Rick and I decided:
"Rick and I have the most frugal idea now for the kids on Halloween. We'll just strip them down, paint them blue and give them a loin cloth with a tail."
(Please don't take that seriously)
I'm so excited I don't have to get a ride or walk in the cold on Monday morning. I can take my kids to school when we are ready and want to go! It's amazing how thankful going without can make you.
I was reading in Job when God responds to Job and it amazed me to read:
"Who provides food for the raven when its young cry out to God and wander about for lack of food?"
Do we ever think enough about how God's hand gives to us? The animals really depend on God to provide their next meal. I wonder if we should ponder this more and realize we do nothing for ourselves. I felt God provided for our car a solution that was from Him. It was not a fancy new one on credit, it was not a beef up job on credit, it was a simple set of wheels which was what we needed but it was from Him. How often I work for the fancy things in a way that frets to have what I think I need when God is ready to give me all I really need. I just think I should think more like the creatures he provides for and wait expectant on His provision.
The pantry challenge is continuing btw, but I'm drawing it out into Feb. I'm still using what I have from the cupboards but I've been getting meat when it's really cheap (like 49 and 88 cents a lb) and things for lunches still have to be purchased. There are some areas I need to regroup and go back to making my own from the cupboard but it's becoming more of a drawn out challenge for me. Just wanted to update.
We did have a fun "mother of invention" moment when we wanted dessert last week. I blended some very ripe bananas with ice and a can of condensed milk from the cupboard and we froze them into banana pops in our Popsicle makers. The kids loved them! That's why these challenges are so fun, they make you try new things.









1 comment:
One of my favorite verses is Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds of the air that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? I am so glad that you got your car fixed. I know how hard one car can be. Tell Princess Congratulation on the report card.
My oldest is just like superkid do not touch the tooth. It has to fall out on its own.
Post a Comment