I've Moved...Go Here...

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday


One cannot get to theological to not be thankful:) So I'm breaking from the stream of thoughts to do my normal thang.



Oh, and there have been two people tell me they have written long comments only to loose them. First of all, I am so sorry! Blogger can be a little mean if you are typing for a while. I am very anxious to hear your thoughts though (this is regarding the Christian Hedonist Post 1, 2, and 3). So, my suggestion if you have a lot to share is to type it in another venue and copy and paste it so you don't loose it.



Most of you know we have been on one vehicle since late November. We tried a few trouble shooting things that were not enough for our car so Rick had it towed in this week. They diagnosed the problem and it was going to cost 900 to 1100 dollars to fix. We were very discouraged. We had no where near that. We don't use credit anymore at all so we did not know what step to take. Then, today another mechanic advised Rick that what we needed to fix (the heating core) could be side stepped to get the car running. It just would not have heat or defrost (and it all ready does not have air conditioning so let the adventure continue lol!). That option is 200 dollars and we are up for the cheap set of wheels whatever they may be. So, I'm very thankful a solution presented itself because we were going to have to have it towed back to our house to sit till we could afford something.


I'm thankful Princess got through her reading of Anne Of Green Gables (she is such a fantasy lover when it comes to literature that I had a hard time convincing her it was good) and she really liked the movie. I have it memorized but it's so different to watch it as a mom of a girl coming into these years! Oh, my goodness, it's so different, and it's such a delight to see her smile at the humor and get sheepish at the developing romance. Ah, my little baby is growing up into a lady with feelings.


I'm so thankful I don't know much and that I love to learn. Especially when it comes to study in the Word. I really don't know much for a gal raised in a Christian home but finding things out for the first time is so thrilling to me. I'm so thankful I have lots to learn.


I'm thankful for my new women's discipleship group even though at first I wondered if I could fit it in with everything else. It turns out it's right along the lines of other issues God is teaching me. I'll be talking some about it in Part 4.


I'm thankful all three kids report cards look good. Our main goal for them is not perfect academics (and in fact if it was we would probably not do public school because they don't have to be too clever to be at the top...but that does not mean they do not work hard because they do) but they all three have been diligent in their work and keeping up. Victoria is carrying a 4.0 in 6th grade and 6th grade is tough. I never carried that. She actually brought some grades up from A's to A+ this quarter. I'm amazed at her sense of purpose with her school work. The classmates all call her for homework assignments or questions. She is on top of that in a way I was never good at. I can take no credit for this in her, it's the grace of God in a gift He has given her and her fathers smarts. I'm creative but I'm not book smart.


I'm thankful further tests seem to indicate there is nothing crucially wrong with me. I am still having pain in my arm that comes and goes and we are still not sure why but I'm hoping it will pass with increased vitamins and exercise. The doctor thinks I initially got an infection in my arm through a torn nail bed. I do work at a day care where germs are flying so there is no telling what got into my system. I'm still hoping it finishes healing, but I'm thankful the tests have shown no serious problems.


I'm thankful for God's wisdom and that I just get to learn from Him forever.


OH! And I'm thankful it's almost time for Lost to start up and the winter Olympics! So temporal I know.
BTW: If you would like to join me in doing Thankful Thursdays...please do. There can never be enough reflecting on what we are thankful for!

2 comments:

m. christine weber said...

I'm so sorry about the car troubles but love your outlook on life. I'm also grateful for your health and the good things God's doing in your world and family :-).

Tricia said...

I was thinking about you this morning and wondering how you were feeling and your car situation. I wish we could talk more. I am glad you have a cheap solution to your car trouble and there is seriously wrong with you. Great news about the kids grades.

I am also enjoying what I am learning by reading the Bible. I have learned so much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails