I said I wanted to run....
I've been invited to join a friend running a 5k (3 miles) through wine country on March 21. I've chosen this running plan to train once I'm feeling better, which I'm hoping will be in just a few days. I think this will be a great motivator for me to start and 3 miles does not sound too scary yet.
I said I wanted to read the bible chronologically.....
I have started this and have a widget on my side bar here on the blog with that reading plan. Feel free to follow along with me if you like. I just use the references, I don't like to read from the computer screen.
I said I wanted to remember birthdays and do something about it....
Today I'm not feeling well so I'm taking that time to pull out my 2010 calendar and write down upcoming birthday dates. I've all ready started a box for things I find, and am saving containers for things I can make.
I said I wanted us to be an active family....
On Sunday we had our first outing day. We took the kids to the coast for a long walk and beach combing time. At first it was great but as they got tired they started to get whiny about walking so long. They were also begging to get wet which I was not sure was a good idea at this time of year. Despite the dynamics not going so well as we got use to this type of outing together, I do think it was a good day and I know the kids will build their endurance as we do more. It was a long walk for starting out.






Just starting to get a bit tired...can you see the change in facial expressions?

















8 comments:
I LOVE your pictures ~ looks like a great outing! Man, I can only imagine being at the beach this time of year!!
Thanks for popping by my blog today and signing the "guestbook," so to speak! If you're interested in reading more about "The Discipline of Spiritual Discernment" by Tim Challies, I'm actually reviewing it chapter by chapter on my blog. You'll find them by clicking the "Studyin'" link along the top under the blog header.
did you find a running plan?
great pictures. It makes me want to plan a family day at the beach.
I did! I found some that I did not like. They had me running a mile to start! Eeeek.
I think I linked the one I liked.
We may go coastal this weekend too. Do you want to join us?
Hi nice to meet you, I saw you on Tammy's Bible reading Blog. Your goal of more family time is my goal for this year too. Kids grow up way too fast, and we are so pre occupied with work, church, to do lists that we aren't taking time to just rest and play and have fun. All the best for your goals!
Your oldest is looking more and more like you. I love the picture of the two of you together.
What a beautiful family, and beautiful pictures of the beach! We are only 3 and half hours from the beach here in GA, and we still haven't made it. My kids have never seen the ocean. I've only been to the Pacific Ocean. When we moved to GA two years ago, I said, we've got to go to the beach! Maybe the Lord will bless us with that this year.
I wish you luck in your training to run the 3 mile, and I hope you get over this virus soon. Will keep you in my prayers tonight!
Thanks for checking out my Bible Reading Blog and participating as well! I am really enjoying discussing the scriptures as we read.
We have an Emma as well. And I love pigtails too :)
Your oldest is definitely getting tall! You have a beautiful family.
The trip to the coast looked like so much fun. I enjoyed pictures of the you and the kids all out side enjoying yourselves. It is weird when your kids start getting almost eye to eye with you. My 14 year old is getting there with me. Yikes!
Last Last year for Christmas (2008) I asked for a Chronological Bible. I've really enjoyed it. It is a study Bible too. I haven't gotten into a good plan of reading it thru yet.
Hope you are feeling better.
♥ Joy
Post a Comment