
I have to be honest, I'm more anxious to get on in the stimulating discussion previously posted but you know me, I come up with these things and it being only the second Saturday, I shall delight in reflecting! To hear about my inspiration for Saturday Scraps go here.
- Got worried about my brother- Some of you saw my post to ask for prayer for my brother and I posted update on comments but I'll let you know here that he is better. It's very hard for my mom, and me for that matter to have him so far away but the ministry ranch he lives at is so perfect for his somewhat independent life that he wants, that it's just the best arrangement. The scary thing about his situation is that his body will start to shut down as he gets older. Living years on meds for his cerebral palsy will start to show up in different ways in his health as he grows older.

- On Monday, my good friend and I took our sons and her new baby to Monteray Bay Aquarium. We had a blast. It was good to be with our boys. She had invited us since our older kids had been at camp in the summer and she had passes but when we tried to go then, her toddler got sick (she has 5 kids) so this was the fulfillment of a raincheck trip. Look for more pics to come!

- Princess had her first game (and Lilo wanted to grace the picture, which she does of course, and btw we call this her "Where's Waldo Goes To Prison" shirt...lol..:)! She did not get to play but hey, she was there. Her grade is kind of the back up team. I just thought she looked so cute in her uniform which I had to tweak for the blog, sorry. OH, and on that note, the kids will be going back to their code names from my other blog SFE that is closed now. There are new followers here and I'm excited they come by but I think it's time to go incognito:)
- The storms hitting our California dry lifestyles was thrilling but a little scary. It was an adventure not having a car and navigating rides and walking in it at times to school and once to work. As I was walking I contemplated how wimpy I was. I was pleased in a way that Superkid was home sick for two days so we could enjoy the storms together. He had a fever all day on Wednesday and lay on the couch watching movies and staring out at the storms.
- God is challenging me this week. Challenging me to dig deeper, be wiser, and more than anything to be humble. I sometimes get frustrated with my own personality that wants to shout things from the rooftop when they are impressed upon me and I have to slow down and be mindful that the very way I go about these things could take the glory AWAY from God or mess up the message entirely. Human communication is difficult to navigate well. The journey in these lands always swells my heart like nothing else, it is sheer delight and happiness, and yes an emotional experience to dive into the ways of my Heavenly Father and His intentions for his created ones. This song swells my heart and comes to mind often:
Side Note:
Did you know that Newsboys is loosing their lead singer Peter Furler and they are replacing him with Michael Tait from DC Talk!? Its a little strange since I've been a fan since I was a kid and all ready had a hard time when they lost their OTHER lead singer John James. He, John, had a great calling to preach and I'm sure Peter has a good reason too but I don't know if Newsboys will be the same after this. I love Michael and his independent stuff has been great too but I'm just finding it an odd match. Well, it's "In The Hands Of God" as they would say:)
- New Blog! Nope, not from me...don't sweat. :) My best friend growing up (I say growing up but I mean mainly in my final high school years which were homeschooling) was a guy (so I actually consider him my brother in heart) and he married a beautiful, talented, and interesting lady named Erin. Erin has a new blog called Epicurean Travels and it's about their family's tradition of picking countries and cooking something new from there. It's going to be really fun to follow I think. I love foreign food so much though so it's right up my alley.
- I went in to Superkid's class again yesterday to help give the end of the week assessments. I was just so tickled by this I had to share. I call the students back to a table with me, and they read thier sight words for the week and their pheonitic words. This week they had some contractions and the new concept of the e at the end making the vowel say it's name. So, with each child I reminded them of these helping hints before they read thier six words or so to me. With one child I said "now here you are going to have the e that.....?" and said child so charmingly and unknowingly responded: "makes the i say your name." OH>>>>LOL! NO! I didn't laugh out loud! But I did inside, and then I tried to fight off the song starting to play in my head "Say my name, say my name...." :)









2 comments:
I am so proud of Victoria sticking with basketball and trying something new.
I happy to hear Caed is feeling better.
Thanks for the plug! I read it to Ben and he thought it was really sweet, too! Glad you got to go to Monterey Aquarium. Always worth it. I love the jellyfish.
Post a Comment